Address: Curtis Dyna-Fog Ltd., PO Box 297, 17335 US 31
North, Westfield, IN 46074 - 0297, USA.
Telephone: + 1 317 896 2561
Fax: + 1 317 896 3788
E.mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dyna-Fog, Ltd. was founded in 1947 in Dayton, Ohio by Russell R.
Curtis and his father W.H. Curtis. Originally named Curtis Automotive
Devices, the company specialized in manufacturing valves for the
automotive and aircraft industry. Before joining his father in
business, Russell Curtis attended the University of Cincinnati where
he graduated in Aeronautical Engineering and later completed a
cooperative work program at Wright Airfield (now Wright Patterson Air
Force Base) At the time, Wright Airfield was the center of all
aircraft technology. In 1952 Curtis Automotive Devices moved to
Bedford, Indiana to be closer in proximity to its major customers.
The company began producing other types of components for the
aircraft industry and began doing some development work using
acquired Pulse-Jet Engine Technology. During Russell Curtis'
employment at Wright Airfield in Dayton he was first exposed to a
Pulse-Jet Engine, a unique device used to power the German VI rockets
during the war. The Pulse-Jet was comprised of the basic technology
that would later be the foundation for his companies future.
Russell and his father continued working on the possibilities of producing a pulse-jet fogger for use in commercial applications. After years of refining existing designs, by 1954 the first commercially available pulse-jet mosquito fogger (The Curtis Junior Model) was being produced. In the first year more than 500 machines were sold throughout the country. By 1956, demand grew to the point where more than 4000 machines were being produced each year. As a result of increasing demand for the pulse-jet machines, Russell Curtis moved the company in 1958 into a newly constructed 20,000 square foot facility in Westfield, Indiana. By this time the company was producing several different equipment models including the very first production "Cold Fog" sprayer. It was the machine that pioneered the way for what is known today as ULV technology.
In 1964, mainly due to no longer producing products specifically for the automotive industry, the company name was changed to Curtis Dyna-Products Corp. During the next several years many new products were developed and the facility was expanded. In 1992, the group of Curtis employees who were already managing the company purchased it and the name was changed to Curtis Dyna-Fog, Ltd.
Today, still located in Westfield, Indiana Curtis Dyna-Fog, Ltd. produces a complete line of spraying and fogging products. With the latest in manufacturing technology in its 80,000 square foot facility, Curtis is renowned as a world leader in manufacturing and distribution. Curtis supplies its products through distributors around the United States and throughout the world in over 60 different countries. All products are manufactured in the one facility in Indiana to help assure a high level of product quality that has been the cornerstone of Dyna-Fog equipment.
Curtis Dyna-Fog, Ltd. strives to identify the requirements of the market place and react quickly to market demand. Dyna-Fog's worldwide distributor network assures rapid response to all customers. All service shipments of stock items are made within 48 hours by air or sea freight. The sale of Dyna-Fog products are supported with comprehensive literature and a complete technical staff equipped with the latest laboratory testing facilities. Presentations on recent developments are continuously made to all world markets as well as the scientific community.